North Business College Complex
632 Bogue St. N270
East Lansing, MI 48824
MS in Business Analytics
Big Data Drives Big Ideas & Decisions
More data is available than ever before, and analytics have become a part of every major business decision today. With the Master of Science in Business Analytics from Michigan State University, you can be part of this emerging transformation and leading new industry. The main themes of the program focus on business strategy, data management and experiential project consulting. Graduates from our program have landed employment opportunities in a wide range of industries, such as consulting, automotive, consumer products, retail, and financial services.
Recognition: Important News
Fall Career Fair Registration Now Open!
- Employers and students can now register to attend our fall Analytics and Insights Career Fair-September 17th, 2015. This event will focus on the growing field of big data analytics, consumer insights and how both are shaping the future of business decision making. Students will attend this event to connect with employers for career opportunities (internships and full-time) and/or as a networking opportunity to learn about these exciting fields of work. To register, visit the events page link.
Global Focus and Thought Leadership
- Our department chair and program founder, Dr. Vallabh Sambamurthy, recently went on a 12-day trip to Beijing and Shanghai. He visited several of the top accounting firms and corporations in China to expand our global relationships into an opportunity pipeline for students. Dr. Sambamurthy also hosted several alumni receptions to reconnect with our Broad family abroad. He also recently was invited to Emory University to sit on a analytics advice panel for a big data symposium.
- CLASS OF 2015 SUMMER INTERNS: Best wishes to our students on their summer internships! Examples of employers that hired from our program include: Auto-Owners Insurance, Chrysler, Fanuc, GM, Juristat, Lear, Mercedes Benz Financial Services, Quantum Ventures, Spartan Innovations, Trinet, Whirlpool, and MSU Advancement. The average hourly rate is $25/hr.
- CLASS OF 2014 GRADUATES: The average annual salary is $80,881 with 95% of students accepting offers. Companies represented include: AT Kearney, Carhartt, Cognizant Technologies, Disney, Ford Credit, Navistar, Mercer, Bejing Zhonglianhuan, UPS, Urban Science, Toys R Us, Victoria’s Secret etc.
- The spring project was a wonderful success thanks to our sponsors, Diageo and IBM. This project provided the students an incredible opportunity to work on real world big data in their first semester of the program. It was a magnificent success for all involved.
- Summer projects will feature MSU FCU and Michigan Lottery. We look forward to working with them.
Featured as 1 of 23 Great Schools published by MastersInDataScience.org, as a top program in preparing students for a digital future on BISoftwareInsight.com, The Financial Engineer and Data Informed.
Auto Owners Insurance (Eric Traux, Predictive Analtyics Department)
|“I am impressed with the preparedness of the students coming out of this program. They were able to immediately have a meaningful conversation with me about the technical details of predictive modeling while at the same time knowing what questions to ask to better appreciate the business environment in which their models will live.”|
Michigan Lottery (Amanda Perkins, Research Department)
“The opportunity to work with the MSU Business Analytics program was a wonderful experience for the Michigan Lottery. They worked extremely hard researching our industry to provide the most accurate answers as possible. The students’ expertise in Business Analytics could be seen throughout the project, especially with their final presentation and recommendations. The MSU Business Analytics program provides tremendous value to organizations who are searching for answers to complex data issues. We look forward to working with the program again in the near future.”