Spring Internship Fair
The Analytics & Insights Internship Fair, features exclusively two MSU programs: the MS in Business Analytics and MS in Marketing Research. This fair is designed to be an intimate event with only employers specifically looking to recruit interns for the upcoming summer. Approximately 75 students attend from these two programs seeking internships with the possibility of a few December graduates who may be looking for full-time opportunities.
Background information: The summer internship experience is a required component of our programs and thus you will find this a very engaged, talented student audience to recruit from. Students from both programs begin their studies this January and graduate the following December. If you prefer to recruit at a later date, please let me know and we can set up a corporate presentation and interview schedule for another time period during the spring semester. For questions or additional details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
||Outside Heritage room
||Outside Heritage room
||Employer Lunch: recruiters only (optional)
||Henry center Atrium
|1:30 – 3:30
||Internship Career Fair
|8:30 – 4:00
||Break-out rooms for optional interviewing
||Assigned upon arrival
Fall Analytics and Insights Career Exploration Event
Every year, the MS in Business Analytics and Marketing Research programs at Michigan State University host an annual conference that focuses on the growing field of big data analysis, consumer insights and how it is shaping the future. Events include a career fair, networking and access to admissions professionals regarding the master’s programs at MSU. We encourage students to attend this event to find out more about the exciting field of analytics–both for career opportunities and/or as a learning opportunity of how it is changing the way we do business and the growing need for analytics professionals. Students from across campus and program levels will be in attendance (Example: MS Business Analytics, MS Marketing Research, MBA students, undergraduates focusing on statistics, economics, computer programming, data science, actuarial science etc). Thank you to all that attended to help make this event a successful experience for all involved.
When: Sept. 14, 2017 from 1:30-4:00pm.
Where: MSU Spartan Stadium Huntington Club
Conversations with analytics professionals that previously attended the event:
- Tim Rey, Steelcase – Director of Advanced Analytics
- Philip Lear, Kellogg Company – Manager, Business Analytics
- David Dorleans, Pricewaterhouse Coopers -Manager, Advanced Risk & Compliance Analytics
- Mike Marshall, J.D. Power – Director, Corporate Research
- Richard Rodts, IBM – Manager, Global Academic Programs
- Jeremie Juban, The Weather Company – Chief Data Scientist: Statistics, Data Mining, Machine Learning
- Jeff Nault, Meijer – Director, Marketing Analytics
- Sang Chung, Pricewaterhouse Coopers – Manager, Advanced Risk & Compliance Analytics
Prospective Student Admissions Information Session
The MS Business Analytics program at Michigan State University hosts information sessions and visit days for prospective students throughout the year. We welcome interested candidates to attend and learn more! These sessions are a great chance to hear a presentation on the program and connect with the program director with any questions that you may have.
- The fall information session was Sept. 15th, 2017. We will hold our next session in February 2018
- Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com or to meet with the program director directly, click on this link https://calendly.com/businessanalytics/30min
Big Data Ignite 2017 Sponsor and exhibitor (http://www.bigdataignite.com/)
Corporate Researchers Conference 2017 Sponsor and exhibitor
Insights Leadership Conference 2017 Sponsor and exhibitor
Great Lakes Business Intelligence and Big Data Summit 2017
- We are proud to be a sponsor for the 2017 event. This event showcases several influential leaders in the area of BI and Big Data from companies. Conference Details
Informs Conference on Business Analytics, 2017
- We are extremely honored to be featured on a panel about best practices for student engagement and employment for Business Analytics programs. This event is a wonderful opportunity for us to share our expansive knowledge of student operations. Conference Details
MSU Cyber Infrastructure Forum
- The CI Forum presents an opportunity for faculty and students to understand the benefits that cyberinfrastructure can bring their scholarly pursuits, to explore what others are doing with cyberinfrastructure, and to learn what resources are available on campus, across institutions, and nationally.
MSU Data Science Association
- We are proud to be the program advisor and sponsor for the MSU Data Science Association. This year, the organization has hosted over a dozen events focusing on the corporate perspective of business analytic, technical training workshops, networking events and more! For additional details, visit www.msudatascience.com
Women in STEM Conference
- Each year, MSU hosts a Women in STEM conference in October at the Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center in East Lansing, Michigan. The conference features a keynote address, presentations, and breakout sessions that focus on professional development and leadership. Conference details and registration