North Business College Complex
632 Bogue St. N270
East Lansing, MI 48824
Fall Career Fair: A career exploration and job search event
Every year, the MS in Business Analytics and Marketing Research programs at Michigan State University host an annual conference that focuses on the growing field of big data analysis, consumer insights and how it is shaping the future. Events include a panel of employer experts, career fair, networking and access to admissions professionals regarding the master’s programs at MSU. We encourage students to attend this event to find out more about the exciting field of analytics–both for career opportunities and/or as a learning opportunity of how it is changing the way we do business and the growing need for analytics professionals. Students from across campus and program levels will be in attendance (Example: MS Business Analytics, MS Marketing Research, MBA students, undergraduates focusing on statistics, economics, computer programming, actuarial science etc).
When: Sept. 15, 2016 from 1-5pm. (Employer Panel, Networking and Career Fair) Agenda to be posted in May.
Where: MSU Spartan Stadium
Employer Registration: https://msu-csm.symplicity.com/events/analytics2016
Student Registration: http://msu-analytics.eventbrite.com
- Employer attendee list from 2015: (List of employers that attended)
Conversations with analytics professionals that previously attended the event:
- Tim Rey, Steelcase – Director of Advanced Analytics
- Philip Lear, Kellogg Company – Manager, Business Analytics
- David Dorleans, Pricewaterhouse Coopers -Manager, Advanced Risk & Compliance Analytics
- Mike Marshall, J.D. Power – Director, Corporate Research
- Richard Rodts, IBM – Manager, Global Academic Programs
- Jeremie Juban, The Weather Company – Chief Data Scientist: Statistics, Data Mining, Machine Learning
- Jeff Nault, Meijer – Director, Marketing Analytics
- Sang Chung, Pricewaterhouse Coopers – Manager, Advanced Risk & Compliance Analytics
Prospective Student Admissions Information Session
The MS Business Analytics program at Michigan State University hosts information sessions and visit days for prospective students throughout the year. We welcome interested candidates to attend and learn more! These sessions are a great chance to hear a presentation on the program and connect with the program director with any questions that you may have.
- The fall information session is set to occur Sept. 16th, 2016 in N336 from 1:30-2:30pm.
- No registration is needed to attend.
- To meet with the program director prior, please email: email@example.com
Spring Internship Fair
The Insights & Analytics Internship Fair, features exclusively two MSU programs: the MS in Business Analytics and MS in Marketing Research. This fair is designed to be an intimate event with only employers specifically looking to recruit interns for the upcoming summer. Approximately 75 students attend from these two programs seeking internships with the possibility of a few December graduates who may be looking for full-time opportunities.
Background information: The summer internship experience is a required component of our programs and thus you will find this a very engaged, talented student audience to recruit from. Students from both programs begin their studies this January and graduate the following December. If you prefer to recruit at a later date, please let me know and we can set up a corporate presentation and interview schedule for another time period during the spring semester.
- When: January 29, 2015, from 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. 2016. For details, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where: MSU Henry Center
- Employer Registration
IE Predictive Analytics Conference 2015 Sponsor
Mercedes Benz Financial Services CIO Presentation
- On April 15, 2015, CIO of Mercedes Benz Financial Solutions Udo Neumann visited the Broad College of Business to present to students on leadership development and innovation as it relates to business analytics and insights.
MSU Cyber Infrastructure Forum
- The fourth annual Michigan State University Cyberinfrastructure (CI) Forum, formerly known as CI Days, will be held on October 22, 2015. The CI Forum presents an opportunity for faculty and students to understand the benefits that cyberinfrastructure can bring their scholarly pursuits, to explore what others are doing with cyberinfrastructure, and to learn what resources are available on campus, across institutions, and nationally.t
MSU Women in STEM Conference
- Each year, MSU hosts a Women in STEM conference in October at the Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center in East Lansing, Mich. The conference features a keynote address, presentations, and breakout sessions that focus on professional development and leadership. Conference details and registration
Great Lakes Business Intelligence and Big Data Summit Sponsor
- We were proud to be a sponsor at this event in the spring of 2016. This event showcases several influential leaders in the area of BI and big data from companies. For more details visit: http://www.greatlakesbisummit.com/2016/