North Business College Complex
632 Bogue St. N270
East Lansing, MI 48824
MS in Business Analytics = Data Analysis + Business Intelligence
Candidates for the MS in Business Analytics are admitted on a rolling basis throughout the year for the January start date. Admission to the program is selective. The applicant’s overall record is considered, including the statement of objectives, recommendations, academic transcripts, interview, and composite of other documents.
NOTE: On July 29th, we will be moving to a new application system. We encourage all students to submit their applications by that date. All applications submitted after that date will be required to submit through the new system. We are unable to transfer over applications that are not yet submitted to the new system.
Application Deadlines & Documentation:
- The application deadline is October 15th for both domestic and international students. Your application must be complete by this deadline in order to be considered. Early applications are encouraged as decisions are made on a rolling basis.
- We enroll only once a year in January (spring).
- We admit students based on the entire contents of their application, thus we cannot review or asses your chances until your application is complete. The admissions committee will only review a candidates application if all required documents are received. (See address on left side of page)
Applications are reviewed after all materials listed below have been submitted. Selected applicants will be interviewed as a part of the admissions process.
- Submit application and pay fee submission
- One set of official transcripts sent directly to the program office for all university/colleges attended. Must be in a sealed envelope by the university. International student note: We request that all secondary schools, colleges, or universities attended, and examination boards send original or attested copies of all transcripts, diplomas, mark sheets, and certificates directly to us in an official, sealed envelope. In addition, where the original documents are not issued in English, also provide an official English translation of each document.
- GMAT or GRE score (This requirement is only waived for Michigan State University graduates with a 3.25 GPA or higher.
- Two letters of recommendation (academic or work-related)
- Personal Statement: Focusing on why pursuing this career path. The academic statement on the application is optional and can be used to provide additional details supporting your analytics educational experiences that are not listed on your transcripts.
- TOEFL or IELTS (international applicants only). This is only waived for students that have completed their undergrad work at MSU.
- Affidavit of Support and Bank Statement (international applicants only).
- Chinese applicants only: CDGDC Verification report, see details below.
Admissions Documentation Details:
1. Transcripts: Provide one set of official transcripts of all academic work completed in colleges or universities other than MSU. Applicants who have attended other colleges and universities must make arrangements with the Registrar’s office at each college attended to have the transcripts sent. All transcripts should be sent directly to the program office.
International students: Request that all secondary schools, colleges, or universities attended, and examination boards send original or attested copies of all transcripts, diplomas, mark sheets, and certificates directly to the program office in an official, sealed envelope. In addition, where the original documents are not issued in English, also provide an official English translation of each document.
2. GMAT/GRE: The MS in Business Analytics GMAT code: QHO-5P-59. Waivers are only provided on the GMAT requirement for MSU graduates with a cumulative GPA over 3.25. The GRE university code is 1465.
3. Two Letters of Recommendation: Please arrange to have letters of reference from former faculty members or knowledgeable employers who can support your candidacy for the program. The recommendations should provide evidence of your academic potential and demonstrated abilities as a potential graduate student.
4. Personal Statement: The statement should describe your interest in the program, career goals, and reasons why the MS in Business Analytics will assist in attaining your objectives. The statement should be no longer than two typed, double-spaced pages. Please address the following: 1) why you are interested in the MSBA program, 2) how your background will contribute to your success in the program, and 3) briefly describe your career goals.
5. Resume: Submit a current resume in chronological order of your work, education, and other experience. A sample format can be found here MSBusinessAnalyticsResumeTemplate
6. TOEFL Scores: The official results from the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS must be submitted to the MS in Business Analytics program office. Read more about the standards. Waivers may be considered for students under certain situations (Example: Students who have graduated from Michigan State University, received a Master’s degree earned at an AAU institution on a U.S. campus, etc.). University Code: 1465
7. Affidavit of Support: In order to obtain the documents needed to file for a student visa (I-20 or DS-2019), students must show adequate proof of financial support. All international students must provide a signed affidavit of support and bank statement with the name of the account holder in English. The financial amount can be found at our Tuition Page.
8. APPLICANTS FROM CHINESE UNIVERSITIES: Please arrange for a verification report of your university transcript with the China Academic Degree and Graduate Education Development Center (CDGDC). The report must be mailed directly to the MSU Office of Admissions by the CDGDC, rather than by you or any third party.
- China Academic Degree and Graduate Education Development Center
B-17, Tongfang Scientific Plaza
No.1 Wangzhuang Road, Haidian District, Beijing, 100083, P.R.China