MS Business Analytics Program
Expanding Business Intelligence through Business Analytics
Learn more about how the field of business analytics is shaping the future(click here for video).
In the MS – Business Analytics program, you will:
- Take classes with leading Michigan State faculty in business, computer science and statistics from the Broad College of Business, College of Engineering and College of Natural Science
- Experience working on live data analytics projects and real-world problem solving
- Expand your business intelligence and link your expertise to a growing field of work
Why MSU? (video)
Business Analytics Is…(video)
The program is designed to be completed in one calendar year from January to December. Each semester, the highly experiential program offers students the opportunity to work on data sets arranged with corporate and faculty support. It is also a full-time, fixed curriculum, cohort based program to help ensure a solid team focused program.
The curriculum includes courses in business strategy, data mining, applied statistics, project management, marketing technologies, and communications taught by leading MSU faculty.
Graduates of the MS in business analytics program will take their knowledge of business intelligence to careers in multiple types of business functions across a diverse industry range.
Salary: Our average annual base salary for the class of 2015 was $80,000 and currently 100% have accepted offers that were seeking employment. For the class of 2016, the summer internship average pay is approximately$22/hr.
Employers who hired: Students from our program began have received offers representing a wide range of companies such as Mercedes Benz Financial Services, Chrysler, Carhartt, AT Kearney, GM, Dominos, Capital One, EY, Nike, Scanalytics, Integral, Cognizant Technologies, Victorias Secret, Toys R Us, Navistar, Mercer and more. Typical job titles include Business Intelligence Developer, Data Analyst, Solutions Architect and Analytics Consultant.
Career Services Support: We provide our students with multiple tools to be successful on the internship and job search. Before even starting the program, accepted students will begin preparing their resume and cover letter with the program director. During the program, multiple career workshops and personal advising sessions are offered. In addition, two career fairs are delivered in the year specifically for analytics students.
ALUMNUS & STUDENT PERSPECTIVES
- Class of 2015 Testimonial Video: What excites you most about the program(video)?
- “The best part for me about this program is the variety of academic projects and internships experience. This gave me a real time experience before I was thrown in the pool of actual industry life. Proud to be a Spartan!” Amruta Lagad, Ford Credit-Financial Analyst (Class of 2014)
- “The best part of the program for me was its project-driven approach to education. The experiential projects were great opportunities to get exposure to real world scenarios which proved useful in my job search. I am also grateful to my professors for being such a wonderful support throughout. I am really proud to be associated with this program.” – Garima Khamesra Capital One-SAS Data Analyst (Class of 2013)
- “After under a decade of traveling for large consulting firms and leveraging programming and database skills at a number of Fortune 50 firms, Michigan State’s business analytics program gave me the opportunity to understand how much I didn’t know about how data is really used across organizations. The program prepared me to create solutions and the clear paths to implement these results. The MSBA opened my eyes to new possibilities on where my career and continued education can go from here. I’m now more competitive to do the exciting work that’s what I love” – Jordan Martz, Oracle -Business Analytics Sales (Class of 2013)
PROGRAM RANKINGS & RECOGNITION:
- Sponsorships: Program founder and Department Chair Dr. Vallabh Sambamurthy recently was the co-chair for a Big Data Analytics conference hosted at our partner school, SP Jain. MSU was a sponsor for the conference as well. More information on the event
The MS in business analytics program is now officially designated as a STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) degree program. The STEM certification provides international students in our program to work in the United States for 3 years (24 months of STEM OPT extension beyond the regular 12 month OPT).
The MS in Business Analytics is offered by the Broad College of Business in collaboration with MSU’s College of Engineering and College of Natural Science.
Learn more about admission requirements and how to apply. View the Business Analytics Brochure for more information.
If you would like to know more about the MS in business analytics, please contact us at email@example.com.