MS in Business Analytics
Lead The Big Data Revolution!
More data is available than ever before, and analytics have become a part of every major business decision today. With the Master of Science in Business Analytics from Michigan State University, you can be part of this emerging transformation and leading new industry. The main themes of the program focus on business strategy, data management and experiential project consulting. Graduates from our program have landed employment opportunities in a wide range of industries, such as consulting, automotive, consumer products, retail, and financial services. This program is designed to give training and hands on experience to students in multiple areas of the data science field such as: descriptive analytics, predictive analtyics, and prescriptive analytics. CLICK HERE to contact us for information!
Recognition: Important News
Business Analytics Career Fair and Exploration Event
- The MSU Business Analytics and Marketing Research career exploration fair will be held on Sept. 15th, 2016. The goal of the event is to provide students across campus with an opportunity to learn about these two exciting fields of work and help them land jobs/internships. Last year, we had over 300 students RSVP to attend and 50 companies register. Several companies also utilized their campus to conduct on campus interviews after the event. The event includes both a career fair and two employer panels discussing the opportunities in business analytics and marketing research. Registration details can be found on our event page.
Ranked as a Top 10 Program in the Nation!
- CLASS OF 2015 GRADUATES: The average annual salary at graduation was $90,020 with 96% of students employed. Companies represented include: Cognizant Technologies, PGA Tour, Gogo, Trinet, Deloitte, Whirlpool, Urban Science, American Express, Chrysler, Ford, Michigan Lottery and many more. Congratulations students!
- CLASS OF 2016 SUMMER INTERNS: Best wishes to our students on their summer internships! Examples of employers that hired from our program include: BCBS, Centurion, CNSI, Deloitte, Ducker, Fanuc, Federal Mogul, GM, Gongos, Lear, MPI Research, MSU Advancement, MSU Brand and Communication, Nike, NSF, Quicken, Recodeal, etc. The average hourly rate is $22/hr.
- Offers are now coming in from the summer internship experiences! Congratulations all on a job well done!
- Our fall 2016 projects feature: Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Dow, Farm Bureau, Great Expressions Dental, Kantar Health, MSU Hockey, Urban Science, Valassis and Sunset Grown. We are thrilled to be working with each and every corporate partner.
- The spring project for 2016 featured Carhartt and IBM. This project provided the students an incredible opportunity to work on real world big data in their first semester of the program.
- Our summer project 2016 featured Michigan Lottery.
Global Focus and Thought Leadership
- Our department chair and program founder, Dr. Vallabh Sambamurthy, recently went on a 12-day trip to Beijing and Shanghai. He visited several of the top accounting firms and corporations in China to expand our global relationships into an opportunity pipeline for students. Dr. Sambamurthy also hosted several alumni receptions to reconnect with our Broad family abroad.
- Accounting IS Big Data Inaugural Conference: Dr. Vallabh Sambamurthy and Dr. Karen Sedatole have been nominated to take part in the first ever conference focusing on big data and its impact on the future of the accounting field. The event will be facilitated by the Center for Advancing Accounting Education and the American Accounting Association. We are extremely excited to be part of this innovative initiative!
Auto Owners Insurance (Eric Traux, Predictive Analtyics Department)
|“I am impressed with the preparedness of the students coming out of this program. They were able to immediately have a meaningful conversation with me about the technical details of predictive modeling while at the same time knowing what questions to ask to better appreciate the business environment in which their models will live.”
Michigan Lottery (Amanda Perkins, Research Department)
“The opportunity to work with the MSU Business Analytics program was a wonderful experience for the Michigan Lottery. They worked extremely hard researching our industry to provide the most accurate answers as possible. The students’ expertise in Business Analytics could be seen throughout the project, especially with their final presentation and recommendations. The MSU Business Analytics program provides tremendous value to organizations who are searching for answers to complex data issues. We look forward to working with the program again in the near future.”
Learn more about the program, admission requirements and how to apply. You are also welcome to contact us directly for more information at email@example.com or 517.432.2914